A.I. schools ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

IVORYACRES

Want to start A.I. ing cows myself this spring and want to learn how. Any good schools or advice related 2?

herf96

I took a college class and did not learn enough, then I went to a reputable AI school and the result was much the same.  I then went to what I thought was my best experience and learned alot I can now AI successfuly and this was through 7 triangle 7 in Colorado.  A great outfit with lots of experience.  Look up their web address and take a look.

PaddyO

I went through Genex as well. It was probably 6 hours in the classroom or so and lots and lots of times in cows!! (thumbsup)

Bulldaddy

I took the Genex course as well.  The basics are the same probably as any good AI school.  The secret (for me anyway) was to just dive in there and do it.  I wasted probably about 10 straws before I got it right.  The more cows you breed the better you will get.  If you want to learn how to
AI then nothing can stop you.  Just practice hard and don't give up.

frostback

herf96 said:
I took a college class and did not learn enough, then I went to a reputable AI school and the result was much the same.  I then went to what I thought was my best experience and learned alot I can now AI successfuly and this was through 7 triangle 7 in Colorado.  A great outfit with lots of experience.  Look up their web address and take a look.

Would have to second that. I went when I was 5 months pregnant and never was worried. Everyone there took great care of me even though they didnt know till the third day. They have great one on one time. If you need a little more time or cows they will work with you. Do a lot of work on handle the semen too. If you are close to NE Colorado a great place to learn. Frostie

shortdawg

ABS offers the schools as well. They have one or two every year in my area and I'm sure they do in other states as well.

Joe Boy

Be patient.....  don't get angry with the critter.... be patient.....  don't force it.... be patient.....  I think most women are better than most men who think their strength is a plus.... be patient....  some only take seconds and some take a great deal of time.... listen, practice hard at school and be patient...

chambero

My AI instructor told me that to be really good at AIing, you need to be about half lazy.

The harder you try, the harder it is to do.

rtmcc

chambero said:
My AI instructor told me that to be really good at AIing, you need to be about half lazy.

The harder you try, the harder it is to do.

A good friend of ours always did our AI'ing.  Then I decided I could go back to doing it myself after a 20 year break since doing it in college. He gave me a hands on refresher course and it has been going good.  He always required that we have a couple of Coors Lites before the PM breeding round to get relaxed and in the mood.  After doing it myself, he is right.  It helps relax.
<cowboy> <beer> <beer>