WHAT BULL????

Help Support Steer Planet:

kp1625

I have some hereford heifers that i will be AIing in December.  I want to breed them to a good black bull to get some quality baldy mommas.  I was thinking of Meyer Meyer....any other suggestions??

CAB

Personally, I would use either Northern Improvement, Raptor, or Missing Link and then go with a Sm on top of those daughters to get a 1/4 blood Sm in the resulting calves. If you want to use a Simi on em, possibly Hook's Shear Force, ACC1 Hustler, or Chap likes High Voltage. JMO.

BadgerFan

CAB said:
  Personally, I would use either Northern Improvement, Raptor, or Missing Link and then go with a Sm on top of those daughters to get a 1/4 blood Sm in the resulting calves. If you want to use a Simi on em, possibly Hook's Shear Force, ACC1 Hustler, or Chap likes High Voltage. JMO.

actually if you mated the badlies to a Simmy, the resulting calves would be 1/2 Simm not 1/4.

HAB

I know I am being biased, but this bull will give you awesome baldies.  His females are deep bodied, big boned, yet very feminine.  Of course he will give you a heck of a haircoat also.  His BWs avg in the low 80s.  We have used him AI, as well as natural service on yearlings.  His mature wt in "running" condition is 2300 lbs.  You will be able to use any clubby bull on his females.

Attachments

• pericles 2010-1.jpg
    pericles 2010-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172

CAB

BadgerFan said:
CAB said:

actually if you mated the badlies to a Simmy, the resulting calves would be 1/2 Simm not 1/4.
I was actually talking about the F2's calves.

cattlejunky5

I would personally keep them straight hereford and breed them to CRR ABOUT TIME. But for baldies I would not use Meyer Meyer on heifers. With a triple bred Meyer bull I would be worried about birthweights. Possibly consider using SS Undreamabull R308, Westfall Voyager 721P , Or SS Ebonys Joy Grandmaster. Any of these bulls would give you halfblood calves!