Battling weight gain (Me, not my cattle)

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

genes said:
red said:
Sounds like you need to get your blood sugar tested! I run super low, so always carry glucose tablets w/ me just in case.
Watch that flavored water. Some can contain more suger & calories than regular pop. I use the little packets of Crystal Light & add it to bottled water.
I know when they asked me if I excerize & I tell them no but explain what I do on a regular basis. They still like a cardio work-out or something that gets your heartrate going faster for a period of time. No- sugestive comments needed here! Still like to boogie on down to the music best!

red

Red do you just buy glucose tablets at the drugstore or whatever? 

I also just realized Rob tried to give me sugar free juice last night as a boost when he thought I was going loopy.   :D  Maybe I should find some of those tablets......

Genes, if you like raisins, buy a package of those little boxes of raisins.  (They give you a pick me up with something to chew on as well.) My mom is diabetic and that is her salvation.  It is also a natural sugar, which is better for you.

Show Heifer

Diet update: Haven't had a slice of bread in DAYS! :-\
Have eaten 4-5 SMALL meals a day, that mainly is meat and salad.
ONLY ONE POTATO in 5 days (that is a BIG DEAL for me!!)
Discovered Crystal Light is actually good (not as good as tea, but darn close!) :p
Refuse to give up my Grape Nuts cereal. Hey darn close to healthy is good enough for me!
Honestly haven't had many sweets (some strawberry twizzlers-but thats it)! :mad:

But almost decided the price isn't worth the pain....last night while eating a salad, I bit into a tomato and chipped a tooth!!  :eek: Great, its the weekend and holiday on Monday!  Was that a signal??? ???

Anyway, I'm doing my best, learning that everyday maybe a bit easier (although thats just something I tell myself!! ;D)
Thanks for all your help!

red

Ok, how do you chip a tooth on a tomato? :eek:
That has to be a new one for me!
I love the Crystal Light drinks too. It's amazing how much suger is in some of theose fruit drinks.
Keep up the good work, I'm proud of you!
I weighed Killer Kitty- he's up to a whooping 15 pounds! That's a big cat! Should I put him on your diet?

Red (clapping)

red

See what happens when you let your weight get the best of you?

Attachments

• pepsi.jpg
    pepsi.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 192

cowz

Its that darn aspertame.....must have put king killer kitty in a coma!

Show Heifer

I chipped the tooth while aggressively biting down on the cherry tomato and my tooth caught the edge of my tooth. OUCH!!! I was convincing myself how much I was enjoying my salad instead of a nice big potato with sour cream and butter!
The cat is halarious!!! I had a house cat that was huge also....he died last summer at the age of 18.  His favorite thing was to lick hairspray off my hair....VERY ANNOYING!

I weakened a bit today. Actaully had 1/2 burger bun, AND about 1/2 c of rice roni. But other than that, been doing pretty well. Still drinking alot. Eating frequantly (like that!! ;D) and avoiding white carbs.
Do you realize how many carbs are in foods you have no idea they are there?????
Also trying to "move a bit more" although sometimes it is hard to convince myself I need to!

Again, thanks for the encouragement!!!! (clapping)

DL

I broke a tooth once on an M&M - sometimes the food wins, sometimes the tooth wins - I don't know how it is decided :-\ :-\