Embryos and or Pregnancies

Help Support Steer Planet:

PACattleman

Hello everyone I was looking for some opinions on an idea I have been contemplating. Me and my family have been breading club calf and some purebreds for 20 plus years. We have had plenty of success at county level shows we have also had some success at state and national levels and have sold a good amount of calf’s locally over the years.We currently have 8 cows.

My current thought is to go buy some of the best sexed female embryos/pregnancies available from some of the top breeders (thinking of starting with 5 to 6 cows).
The plan would be calf out the cows and consigning them back on the breeders annual production sale till I got my name out with a reputation.

Dose this sound like a good plan to make that jump to the next level in our operation?

Jive Turkey

Hello everyone I was looking for some opinions on an idea I have been contemplating. Me and my family have been breading club calf and some purebreds for 20 plus years. We have had plenty of success at county level shows we have also had some success at state and national levels and have sold a good amount of calf’s locally over the years.We currently have 8 cows.

My current thought is to go buy some of the best sexed female embryos/pregnancies available from some of the top breeders (thinking of starting with 5 to 6 cows).
The plan would be calf out the cows and consigning them back on the breeders annual production sale till I got my name out with a reputation.

Dose this sound like a good plan to make that jump to the next level in our operation?
Embryos are hit or miss but if you have the money, go right ahead.