Hartman Happenings

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

Red,
The man wants sometihing for nothing.  I wanted all my PB cows and Maintainer cows to have heifer but only got one. 

I knew nothing of PHA when I first bought my Maines.  I learned about it from a Shorthorn breeder but he simply said it was one of those things that happens.  He has had both Th and PHA and is not alarmed.  My shorthorn cow had a deformed calf from my Maine bull and I was crazy.  I did not have either TH or PHA and the cow tested clean to both, but I sold my bull and bought another one....but this was long before either test were available.  I suspected a genetic problem because of an experience years ago with a Holstien cow bred to an AI bull and we really had a wiered calf.  It lived only a little while and I sent it to KSU for testing.  I contacted the stud service and they claimed no one had ever said anything about the bull before.  But the bull disappeared.  I later heard he went to Brazil or somewhere....probably the packer.

I bought some cows after I heard of PHA.  I only knew a couple of bulls were "dirty."  (One of whom has not made the charts, yet....go figure.)  I was careful not to buy any of those bloodlines.  I got a PHA heifer.  The man who sold her did not know she was, not did anyone, as there was not a test.  I did buy two granddaughters of BP and lucked out to have them free from defective genes, but they are not as pretty as the carrier was.  (I sold her to a feed lot after going to the expense of calf hood vaccinations and registration.)  I am not going to ask the man to replace the one or to give him extra money for the two who happened to be free. 

Tell the guy to get a life.  You are doing and have done more than most.  It is his responsibility to breed her correctly or dispose of her.  If he keeps or sells breeding stock from her it is his resposibility to test.  You would have but it was not available.

DL,
I hope you can get yourself fixed up like I have...my wrist is doing better.  I have been giving myself therapy.  The bad thing is that I slipped and fell and now my left knee has some damage after bending sideways.  I have not slept much since.  I WANT YOU TO WORK WITH YOUR FELLOW DOCTORS AND MAKE A PILL THAT WILL KEEP ME FROM HURTING MYSELF.....I think others on this board would like you to do that too.... ha....

Telos

Joe Boy, don't give DL any ideas. She might in fact develop a new pill. Can you imagine, the "Dragon Pill" gauranteed to keep you accident free!  Made from 100% all natural  beefpaca saliva. Most common side effects; grows shaggy hair all over your body.

Everyone, get well and be safe.

Show Heifer

Red, my dear, you did NOTHING wrong accept dealing with a complete idiot! Tell the buyer to enjoy the cow, the free test result and have a good life. There isn't a breeder around I wouldn't trust more than you (ok, a few  I would trust as much, but certainly a lot I wouldn't trust at all!!!!) So, relax and sleep well!!!

DL

Telos - I like it! Little multicolored capsules guaranteed to keep you well, prevent being clumsy, walking into trees, fallowing into holes, and being kicked by cows! I am sure it will sell like hot cakes - buy 10 get a purple tube top!  ;D ;D ;D

farmboy

ALSO KEEPS YOU FROM: LOCKING YOUR KEYS IN YOUR CAR, NOT GET SKUNKED BY THE NEIBORHOOD EGG THEIF, AND HELP WITH EVERYDAY MISHAPS ::)

red

wow, if DL ever develops such a pill sign me up for a lab rat!
My latest was falling into our house when the shvel gave way from digging up a bush. Skinned my ear & got a bump on my head.

JoeBoy- you take care of yourself! You're probably overdoing it!

Red

Joe Boy

DL,
The new pill does not have to be tested like the stuff in the health food sections..... (and some cattle breeders)  sneaky wasn't I......ha...

I think it would sell like the diet wonder pill that hit the market this week..... people are gullible!

genes

dragon lady said:
Telos - I like it! Little multicolored capsules guaranteed to keep you well, prevent being clumsy, walking into trees, fallowing into holes, and being kicked by cows! I am sure it will sell like hot cakes - buy 10 get a purple tube top!  ;D ;D ;D

"Oooh ooh sign me up" says the girl who breaks ankles walking up the front step.

Gypsy

[

"Oooh ooh sign me up" says the girl who breaks ankles walking up the front step.
[/quote]

Genes-

I can beat that story and I can probably get a tube top for everyday of the week if DL does the  free tube top offer.  I broke my hand in gym class - fell off the bench.  Really.  My first nickname (long before Gypsy) was Twinkle Toes.  (lol)  I cannot believe I am telling you this, don't tell anyone else.

Joe Boy

Gypsie:
Good story...... I needed a laugh today....

One of the old timers here tells of being in World War II with Paton on a hill watching the Germans retreat and one other local guy falling off the tank and getting a purple heart.....

Thanks for exposing yourself....