Hat's off To Husher Defense

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bulldaddy

I was pulling for the Horns last night but thought is was sad that Neb fought so hard and lost by a mere second.  Really great defense and a lot of heart all around. 

afhm

Those horns are a lucky bunch and shouldn't be undefeated.  I feel/hope Alabama will roll right through them.

Jill

In most cases sheer luck and heart is worth more than talent will ever be, it was a great game and it is nice to see Nebraska back playing football!

AAOK

afhm said:
Those horns are a lucky bunch and shouldn't be undefeated.  I feel/hope Alabama will roll right through them.

With the close calls Alabama has escaped this season, who knows about this Texas/Alabama game.  I may be the only Okie pulling for Texas. 

shortdawg

I don't think its a stretch to say Bama's Defense is just as good or better than the Husker defense TX saw last night. If NE had a balanced offense they would be awesome. TX has outscored a lot of folks this year but I don't see the Bama/TX game being a shootout. I think Colt McCoy and TX are a class act but I can't pull against my conference. Roll Tide coming from a die hard Dawg. Hey we were State Champs at least and beat the ACC Champ at their house.

showsteerdlux

I'll agree that Texas didn't deserve that in the least bit. Coming from a long time Vols fan Roll Tide Roll right over the horns. Thought Bama was real consistent last night. They sure deserve to be in the spot they are.

TJ

Does the SEC win their 4th straight National Championship?  ;)

the angus111

you have to be lucky to get into the position to play for a National Championship. Bama has had close games also and had some luck.Texas has one big problem the BAMA running back,who is also is gettin the Heisman.Rusty

bjam4

texas is right where they should be they won a hard fought game alabama had close calls this season too

shortdawg

There has never been a team that hasn't had some close calls or a little luck to get to the Nat'l Championship Game but you still have to be able to make the plays on the field. There have been at least two GA teams in the past few years that i thought could have won it had they got there but those close calls didn't go their way and lady luck wasn't on their side. Florida being in our division sure has hurt our chances more than a few times.

Davis Shorthorns

shortdawg said:
There has never been a team that hasn't had some close calls or a little luck to get to the Nat'l Championship Game but you still have to be able to make the plays on the field. There have been at least two GA teams in the past few years that i thought could have won it had they got there but those close calls didn't go their way and lady luck wasn't on their side. Florida being in our division sure has hurt our chances more than a few times.

Well then Texas has shown the ability to make the plays that it needs to to win the games. 

P.S.  and Bama wont have the atrocious SEC officials to help them win a close one here.  24-21 Texas  Hook em

Silent Steve

I don't think anyone can determine if any team does or doesn't deserve to win a game, when in fact, they beat the other team and got their stuff together when it counted. Especially when that team had won 12 straight. Neb just wanted to be the spoilers

;)

shorthorngirl2010

Nebraska wanted the Big 12 title, and to show everybody that we CAN do it.  Sending the BCS into total chaos would have just been a sweet addition.
(lol)

Dusty

shortdawg said:
There has never been a team that hasn't had some close calls or a little luck to get to the Nat'l Championship Game.

The '95 Huskers didn't have any close calls.  They dominated everybody then and would do the same now.

RSC

Dusty said:
shortdawg said:
There has never been a team that hasn't had some close calls or a little luck to get to the Nat'l Championship Game.

The '95 Huskers didn't have any close calls.  They dominated everybody then and would do the same now.
There was a close call off the Field Dusty!  <beer>

Tony

shortdawg

Dusty said:
shortdawg said:

I stand corrected !!!!!!! The '95 Huskers were the best team ever and could beat everyone else combined !!!! ;D