HC JUSTIN TIME 61S

Help Support Steer Planet:

vcsf

I really doubt that JIT feels any need to stroke his own ego.

But if you really want to know about the bull he is actually quite impressive and accomplished things that very few have.  He bred around twenty cows as a late May yearling and was also named an All-Canadian show bull as a yearling.  Topped a sale at twenty one months of age.  Went on to sire a bunch of good cows for his new owners which resulted in another major breeder buying him as an older bull to use in their herd.  I am not sure how he got named an All-Canadian show bull as in pictures at least he did not seem to have as much frame and had more volume than a lot of the cattle winning at the time.  I believe Doc on here mentioned once about having some embryos in his tank from what was likely the first daughter of HC Justin Time born.  So maybe you could could some of his genetics up close.

justintime

Ok... guess I will stroke my ego ... if that is what you call it.  It's funny how the birth of some calves stick in your mind for a long time. I remember May 22nd, 1984 as if it was last year. That was the day Justintime was born and I remember finding him on pasture sucking his mom. He was a very good looking calf and I knew he was probably going to be the best bull born that year, even though he was one of the last born. He was solid red and polled. His dam was Matlock Molly Mist 31M, a daughter of Highfield Irish Mist. She was very moderate framed and had a perfect udder. She was born in the Matlock herd, and sold to another breeder. This breeder owed me some money and offered me this cow, along with another Mist daughter as payment. This was probably one of the best deals I ever made, as those two cows were producing fools. Justintime also had a full brother a year older that we had in our display pen in Denver in 1984. We took Duke of Dublin along with 13 of his calves and displayed them right in front of the Exchange Building in the yards. His name was HC Revelation 38R and he was our headline bull in the group. Joe Winkler, of Winkler Cattle Co., Castle Rock, Co purchased him for $5000 privately for his commercial operation and also took 4 other bulls at at $3500 each. He purchased at least 3 bulls for the next 3 years over the phone. He basically said, pick out bulls you think will work for me, and get them to Denver. Another full brother to Justintime, was HC High Society 62U and he sold to Mexico. Molly Mist never gave us a heifer calf.

Justin grew up to be tremendously thick and was moderate framed, with excellent muscle pattern. He was the top selling bull in our 1986 production sale at $5000 and sold to Cleggett's, Balcarres, SK.  Two years later, Hubers were so impressed with his calves at Cleggetts that they purchased a half interest and for many years he was used in both herds. When Justin was 11 years old I was able to lease him back ( I tried to buy him but they would not sell him). I was able to use him for the next two breeding seasons and at age 13 he went back and was used again in the Cleggett and Huber herds. He was still sound in every way and looked like a 5 year old at age 13. His feet had never been trimmed and they were in near perfect condition.
The biggest regret I have is that Justin was never collected. I offered to pay the costs of collecting him when I had him, but Cleggetts did not AI breed at that time, so they weren't interested. If he had been collected I would be using him today. He sired bulls and females equally good and several of his daughters went on to be good donor females. One of my first Justintime daughters was HC Pure Lace 1U and she sold in our 1985 sale at $5000 to Shadybrook.  Huberdale purchased her for $5000 in Shadybrook's sale a few years later, and she was Grand Champion female in a number of shows for Huberdale. Hubers kept a couple daughters and sold her in a sale a few years later and she went to Tonquish Pond in Michigan and she was flushed extensively. I think this may be where Doc got his embryos from. Shady Maple in Indiana had another Justintime daughter that also bred very well. His daughters were excellent cows, and I credit his sons for us being able to establishj a stronger commerical bull market.
When I first registered on SP I was asked to fill in a "user name". After a few seconds I typed in justintime, as he was one of the bulls I raised that I wished I had back now.
So if telling his story is in your opinion " stroking my ego" well, I would suggest that it is YOU that has a problem and not me!

justintime

I would also mention that a regular on SP told me that the cattle we had in our Denver display in 1984 " would not work in the real world". Joe Winkler paid us good money for 5 bulls out of this group, and he told us they were the first Shorthorns he had been able to find in several years that worked in his Colorado ranch conditions. He said that he had gone to Denver that year to look at other breeds to purchase because he was tired of buying Shorthorns that did not stand up. He just happened to see our display as he walked to the yards ( probably because he had to basically walk right by it to get to the yards) and after looking at several groups of bulls of other breeds, he came back and purchased our Shorthorn bulls.

justintime

Cut the BS said:
sounds useful in today's world, I suppose...

this particular sire- traces to a shaddybrook cow- who was straight waukaru bred... 

I'm confused again with what you said here. Which bull are you referring to that traces to a Shadybrook cow who was straight Waukaru bred? Not that this would be a bad thing, but it certainly wasn't Justintime.

kfacres

justintime said:
Cut the BS said:
sounds useful in today's world, I suppose...

this particular sire- traces to a shaddybrook cow- who was straight waukaru bred... 

I'm confused again with what you said here. Which bull are you referring to that traces to a Shadybrook cow who was straight Waukaru bred? Not that this would be a bad thing, but it certainly wasn't Justintime.

The bull that I am considering using--  He traces to a Shaddybrook cow- straight Waukaru bred-- who I'm guessing was purchased bred to JIT.  and resulted in this bull's 4th dam being produced...  She was then bred to Stars and Stripes- next generation to the PowerPlay son Outback-- which resulted in this particular bull's dam...

justintime

OK... got ya now. I thought you were referring to JIT, but I understand what you meant now. What is the name of the Shadybrook cow that was Waukaru bred?  I may be able to tell you more about her.

kfacres

justintime said:
OK... got ya now. I thought you were referring to JIT, but I understand what you meant now. What is the name of the Shadybrook cow that was Waukaru bred?  I may be able to tell you more about her.

now you are asking quite a few too many questions maybe... <beer>  I might want to keep this bull a secret-- he seems interestingly bred, double clean, and I might try to buy all remaining straws...

cow is SB RINGWALD daughter of WAUKARU MOLLY 359 and WAUKARU CINNSATION

justintime

Shadybrook Ringwald was a pretty good cow and she was in the Huberdale herd for some time. She then sold in one of their production sales to David Hunt Farms Ltd, in Ontario and she was bred to Justintime when she sold.  Hunt Farms later sold her to Cates Farms.
Ringwald was a bigger framed cow that was red with some white markings on her side, and she had lots of capacity. Her dam, Waukaru Molly 359 was sired by Sutherland Ransom 179 and she was from a Green Ridge cow by Hubs Impact Two.

kfacres

justintime said:
Shadybrook Ringwald was a pretty good cow and she was in the Huberdale herd for some time. She then sold in one of their production sales to David Hunt Farms Ltd, in Ontario and she was bred to Justintime when she sold.  Hunt Farms later sold her to Cates Farms.
Ringwald was a bigger framed cow that was red with some white markings on her side, and she had lots of capacity. Her dam, Waukaru Molly 359 was sired by Sutherland Ransom 179 and she was from a Green Ridge cow by Hubs Impact Two.

makes sense.. the bull I've seen-- originated in IN-- and we basically straight IN bred... 

justintime

Cut the BS said:
justintime said:
Shadybrook Ringwald was a pretty good cow and she was in the Huberdale herd for some time. She then sold in one of their production sales to David Hunt Farms Ltd, in Ontario and she was bred to Justintime when she sold.  Hunt Farms later sold her to Cates Farms.

makes sense.. the bull I've seen-- originated in IN-- and we basically straight IN bred...  

I'm a little surprised you accept my memory in this case, when in your other thread, you ask if " stretching the truth - based on faint memories and lieing are the same thing?  I know you made the comment about several SP members , but I also know you included me in that statement. You have accused us of lieing, and have been asked more than once to present at least 1 case where one of us lied... but so far you haven't come up with anything other than more accusations. I guess we will let the jury decide... and I can guarantee you that I'm not going to lose any sleep until the verdict comes in!

BTW, I think youshould be thankful that okotoks and Jaimiediamond are SP members. Of the people I know, the entire Stephenson family- Dan, Jill, Jaimie and Jacqueline, each probably know more about pedigrees ( and not just Shorthorn pedigrees!) than anyone else I know of.... and they raise some pretty decent cattle and horses as well.

kfacres

justintime said:
Cut the BS said:
justintime said:
Shadybrook Ringwald was a pretty good cow and she was in the Huberdale herd for some time. She then sold in one of their production sales to David Hunt Farms Ltd, in Ontario and she was bred to Justintime when she sold.  Hunt Farms later sold her to Cates Farms.

I'm a little surprised you accept my memory in this case, when in your other thread, you ask if " stretching the truth - based on faint memories and lieing are the same thing?  I know you made the comment about several SP members , but I also know you included me in that statement. You have accused us of lieing, and have been asked more than once to present at least 1 case where one of us lied... but so far you haven't come up with anything other than more accusations. I guess we will let the jury decide... and I can guarantee you that I'm not going to lose any sleep until the verdict comes in!

BTW, I think youshould be thankful that okotoks and Jaimiediamond are SP members. Of the people I know, the entire Stephenson family- Dan, Jill, Jaimie and Jacqueline, each probably know more about pedigrees ( and not just Shorthorn pedigrees!) than anyone else I know of.... and they raise some pretty decent cattle and horses as well.

O JIT___  You need to settle down...  I have many a private conversation with those I argue with constantely on the public side of SP-- it's all in good faith. (angel) and I feel we are actually more alike in thinking that either party wants to admit... 

I learned a long time ago- it's hard to argue with the producer of that animal-- they know them best, especially if they are not directly tied to it... such as in this case... 

Where my questioning comes into play-- is self promotion to the unsuspecting...  and long drawn out stories that may or may not have accuracy...  especially when nobody else can verify/ disput it...

in this case. you told me mainly things that were evident doing a pedigree search. 

Okotoks

Cut the BS said:
justintime said:
Cut the BS said:
justintime said:

O JIT___  You need to settle down...  I have many a private conversation with those I argue with constantely on the public side of SP-- it's all in good faith. (angel) and I feel we are actually more alike in thinking that either party wants to admit...  

I learned a long time ago- it's hard to argue with the producer of that animal-- they know them best, especially if they are not directly tied to it... such as in this case...  

Where my questioning comes into play-- is self promotion to the unsuspecting...  and long drawn out stories that may or may not have accuracy...  especially when nobody else can verify/ disput it...

in this case. you told me mainly things that were evident doing a pedigree search.  
So Jody what are you really trying to portray on Steer Planet? You seem to expect us all to beleive you are a superior judge and a very knowledigible breeder and then accuse others of lying even after asking for their opinion. As you say nothing worse than portraying something to be what it's not........
Cut The BS Signature:
I'm not going to sugarcoat something- If you have an average calf-- I'll tell you... If you have something that's truly unique, or superior- I'll bring it out...  
But if it's looking fishy to me-- I'll blast away at you, or it.  Nothing worse than portraying to be something it's not!  
Jody

justintime

Jody... I really don't think I need to settle down.  Actually I'm about as calm, cool and collected as I can get. I'm just calling you on the carpet for calling a bunch of us liars. Personally, I don't like anyone calling me a liar or calling my integrity into  question. I don't think I have to defend okotoks and his clan, but I will say this... I have known them for many years, and I cannot think of anyone in this business more honest, and downright decent than them. The cattle business would be much better if there were more people with the passion and downright love of what they do. Sure they are proud of what they have produced.... and they have every right to be proud.

I'm not upset and I'm far from getting emotional but I'm just taking a stand and right now it is against some of the things you have said. I'm not looking for an apology from you as I think I have a better chance of seeing Al Gore give back the millions he stole from all of us with his global warming hoax. As you probably know, I like a good debate as much as anyone, but I draw the line when you make statements about people that you know are not true.

I really have to shake my head in bewilderment when you say that it is ME that has a problem, when I call you on your absurd comments about our integrity. Sorry bud.... I don't think it is us that has a problem here!

kfacres

o okie.. you crack me up...

sometimes, you need to remember- that not everything typed- is believable...

it's like photoshop and pictures....  maybe they don't have that in canada?? <band>

ETA:  JIT--  I wouldn't call you a lier- anymore- I'll give up.. All hail to the great JIT...

Seriously though--  I read most all of your posts...  (pop) but not without my (pop)

Okotoks

Cut the BS said:
o okie.. you crack me up...

sometimes, you need to remember- that not everything typed- is believable...

it's like photoshop and pictures....  maybe they don't have that in canada?? <band>

ETA:  JIT--  I wouldn't call you a lier- anymore- I'll give up.. All hail to the great JIT...

Seriously though--  I read most all of your posts...  (pop) but not without my (pop)

Attachments

• BS troll.jpg
    BS troll.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 158

justintime

Are you suggesting that everything you type is not believable?  Are you actually admitting this?  Well, maybe I am a bit niave, but I happen to believe most everything people type on here. I  happen to believe that most people who comment on here, are giving their honest opinions and are trying to learn something. So, please tell me and a bunch of others on here, what parts of what you type can we believe and what parts are make believe? Did you not think you could just make things up about people on here and never be called on your actions? If you did, you have a much bigger problem that I thought.

I cannot believe how you react when someone stands up and calls BS to you. You just try to sweep it under the carpet and suggest that maybe it is me who needs to calm down and take a pill. Well, I for one, just wish you would make comments like everyone else does. Right now, the way I read your last comments, is that not everything you write is believable. Can you give us an approximate percentage of what you write we can believe? That way I can try to sort through your comments and try to figure out what I should believe and what is just figments of your imagination.