How did you get here?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

It's like my hubby says, he always has to do a spot check of me before go someplace because I usually have manure or straw on me someplace. He just rolls his eyes.
My mom is the proper lady. Never goes out without make-up. Has 3 wigs, dyes her hair all the time. She even wears hose w/ shorts. Me I'm lucky if I remember to brush my hair. Cut my own hair & the only dye I've ever bought has been for a heifer. My standard uniform is jeans & a t-shirt or sweatshirt.
I got my love of ag from my grandfather who was a gentleman farmer. He was a lawyer w/ about 300 acres.
I couldn't see myslef doing or being anyplace else. I'm so blessed w/ all that God has provided for us & am thankful for the time I get to spend w/ my hubby.

farmboy

MY EARLIEST MEMORIES ARE OF RIDING A TRACTOR OUT TO THE FEILD TO PUT OUT HAY AND RIDING IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK WITH MY DADS FREINDS TO LOOK AT CATTLE. MY BROTHER BEING TEN YEARS OLDER SHOWED STEERS AT THE FAIR AND DRUG ME IN TO IT. BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME TOO. :) MY FIRST 4-H PROJECT(s) WAS A HEIFER AND A LAMB.

THE HEIFER CAME OUT OF A COW WITH TWINS AND THE OTHER TWIN DIDN'T COME OUT AND KILLED THE COW :-\ SO WE TOOK HER IN THE BARN AND BOTTLEFED HER AND MADE HER TAMER THAN A PUPPY...WE WOULD LET HER RUN AROUND WITH OUT A HALTER :)))

THEN WE GOT A LAMB AND PENNED THEM TOGETHER...WELL, THEY GOT ATTACHED AND WHEN HEIFER TAG INS CAME, HE HAD TO GO.
THEY ASKED WHICH ONE TO TAG, THE RED ONE OR THE WHITE ONE (clapping) THEN CAME THE FAIR AND THEY QUIT BAWLIN AFTER 3 HOURS AND SETTLED DOWN. THE SHOW AT THE FAIR...FIRST IN CLASS WITH HEIFER (ONLY ONE IN MY CLASS (cow) ) AND THIRD OVERALL.

THE LAMB GOT 4/8 AND SOLD FOR 450. POOR LAMB :'( :'( :'( I MUST HAVE CRIED 2 WEEKS :'( THE HEIFER GOT BRED AND HAD A BULL CALF PARTIALLY ASSISTED (it was out 3/4 of the way out and we pulled it out the rest) IT'S THE ONE I'M SHOWIN THIS YEAR

SO THATS HOW I GOT STARTED AND HOW I WANT TO FINISH ;D

knabe

Hi Malinda,

interesting comment about ed stanton.  he was portrayed relatively positive in doris kearns team of rivals and one other book i read.

he made sure the military could vote with absentee ballots, was basically the supply officer for the union.    he also did a good job tracking down lincolns' assassin, and making sure booth was not celebrated after he was killed by a stange man corbett who castrated himself.  i think stanton was also responsible for enforcement of some law about unlawful removal from office under johnson.  he was a man who could change his mind.

we have a 6 or 7 piece sewing kit sewn by one of our great uncles as a union prisoner out of bone from that period.  extremely intricate.  the first woman from each generation gets it.