How did you meet your someone special?

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

My wife used to be my next door neighbor when we were little kids. Her older sisters helped us in tobacco and babysat me when they live nearby. They moved about 12 miles away and we didn't even date throughout high school. We had some mutual friends and met up one night at the local Dairy Queen where she seemed interested in going out. So our first date was in 1988 and five years to the day [ another 2 1/2 yr relationship ( different girl ) in between] we got engaged ( a day after the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL ) and were married a year later. I'll attach a pic of my whole clan. 

Attachments

• new file to be partially deleted 058.jpg
    new file to be partially deleted 058.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 641

dori36

<<There are some wonderful comments here, and I'm sorry that Dory and Strawboss don't have any.>>

Well, E lbee, I subscribe to the "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" school ......at least this time!

ELBEE

Dori, I don't understand. Do you not like what I said? Or, do you choose not to say something about an ex? Any way I apologize if I offended you! 

red

I think Dori is saying that she just doesn't have a good story to tell.It's better for her to say nothing as to tell a sad or bad story?  She wasn't directing it at you, just her stories. Hope I got it right! ;)

Red

cattlejunky

Okay! I was not going to post, but I think you all will get a kick out of this.  We knew of each other, but never really talked.  His cousin called me and said he wanted to go out and I was to meet him at her house.  I was to be there a 7pm.  I was cutting it close, but made it by 7.  He showed up at 10pm.  Yes that is correct 10pm.  He was 3 hours late.  My friends mom, his aunt was in the other room asking her if she was sure he wanted to go out with me since he had not shown by 9pm.  A little embarassing.  Why was he late?  He was on a Beer Run for his buddies.  That was in 86.  We were married in 89. 

dori36

ELBEE said:
Dori, I don't understand. Do you not like what I said? Or, do you choose not to say something about an ex? Any way I apologize if I offended you! 

Not offended at all, ELBEE!  Just don't have any stories to share.  I guess I prefer to talk cattle than my personal "stuff".  It's just me.  I'm a person of few words at best, anyway, so not much of a story teller.

steermaker

Saw this thread while travelling and couldn't respond then.  Believe it or not, my wife and I met at the county fair.  I was showing beef cattle and she was showing dairy.  We were introduced by a mutual friend and the rest, as they say is history.  That was in 1979 and we are about to celebtrate 23 years of marriage.  For the past 11-12 years we are back at the fairgrounds as all three of our children are or were involved in 4-H.  We still raise and show beef cattle and enjoy it as a family hobby.