Need A Show Steer Calf from Florida

Help Support Steer Planet:

CiaraNicole

I am a show steer exhibitor from Polk County, Florida, and I'm looking for a yearling prospecting to be a good show steer.
Preferably either a hereford x Charolais(I've never seen one, but its what I would want), hereford x beef master, charolais x beef master, or any charolais or hereford cross. (Judges at the show I'm in always prefer those two)
Please Contact me if you know or yourself have anything available!  ;D

kfacres

I'm surpised that a Herf/ Char cross-- or anything with eared influence-- dominates anything in FL, or for that matter- anywhere other than maybe the Char crossed and ABC shows in TX-- but then again, come to think of it.. I bet there has never been an ABC that dominates any shows. 

One more Q- if you've never seen them, but yet you've been to this show-- then how can they dominate-- yet you've never seen one?

Just a few questions that need answered...

CiaraNicole

What I meant was, the past grand champions I know of have been a Charolais cross. While Reserve Champions are usually Hereford crosses. I was just wondering what how a Charolais x Hereford would do.

And I slightly agree, the judges at this show, we sometimes dont agree with. For the shows I've been in, Angus and Maine Anju cattle place lower than others. We have an all natural show, with an ultrasonic carcass contest, and he placed ones with a choice cut below ones with select cuts. Its just how they do it here, I guess.