Shartzennegger Super Cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

When I was leaving college several BBlue farms wanted me to work for them....I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  The muscling is useful, extremely lean.  I do not find it as tastey tough...I like marbling and I didn't feel the B Blue put the marbling in the meat that I am accustomed too.  To each there own though.  I truely feel there is a place for all purebred cattle somewhere....I just don't always know where

genes

Yup exactly...for those of us that grew up eating nice red beef from our own animals....it doesn't taste like much.  But tastes are personal and so I think there is definitely a market for it.  Since branded beef is likely the way of the future, this one would be pretty easy.

Farm boy...that's funny.  Reminds me, my firends mom said the BB looked a woman who was wearing too tight pants  ;D

red

Around here the BB were a big "fad" about 15 years ago. I remember we went to a farm to look at them even. They used to have an exhibit at the beef expo but don't here anything about them anymore.
I just remember that calving issues were really bad. Also maybe some health issues but that could have just been this location.

Red

genes

Yeah they seem to need pretty close management is what I've gathered.  Why they do better in Europe where the farms are small rather than over here.  Oh and apparently Europeans can do their own C-sections, rather than having a vet out.