Simple Math calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

jackpotcattle

We are really satisfied with our SM calves. Calves have the good front ends with some stoutness, bone, and hair. Not to extreme on any part. Only complaint is 2 of them have tight curly hair and that is never good. Only baldy calves have been out of baldy cows, no extra white which is good because our cows have the spotter gene.

At this stage in the game he will be used again at our place, but I would never use him on 1st calf heifers as ours had enough weight to them, but were made right for cows to have easily. JMO Hope they keep getting better and not do what the Grizzly calves do!

vet tech

Got a bull and a heifer, bull was 80 pounds, heifer was just under 70. Love the heifer!

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Our Simple Math calf that was due the 04-06-11 came on 03-28-11 very vigourous,  black as a spade ,curly hair ,plenty of bone ,extremely hungry at birth , no dish head to him ,looks very correct 78 lbs, out of full sister to Freds Northern Gun 301 ,was a ET calf out of angus receipt .......Another one is due the same time .....

ATM OH

Simple Math heifer at only a few hours old.  She is out of a predominately Angus cow and weighed in the 80-85 lb range.  Was born unassisted.

Attachments

• SM.JPG
    SM.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 229

CAB

Freddy said:
Our Simple Math calf that was due the 04-06-11 came on 03-28-11 very vigourous,  black as a spade ,curly hair ,plenty of bone ,extremely hungry at birth , no dish head to him ,looks very correct 78 lbs, out of full sister to Freds Northern Gun 301 ,was a ET calf out of angus receipt .......Another one is due the same time .....

Thanks Jamie for commenting on your calf's head shape. Brent

vet tech

The only thing I can say about our heads is that they are small, which is great for calving ease.

Ohio1

ATM OH- I like your calf thanks for pics keep us posted