Sullivan Chute Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

DEA

Anyone use the new "Econo" steel chute from Sullivan's?  How much different is it from the regular Cadillac stell chute?  Their seems to be a big difference in price between the 2 ($475 to $575) and since we are looking for grooming chute I was curious if anyone had any opinions on this chute?  Stability, handling, etc.

cpubarn

I bought an economy chute when they first came out.  It is ok for prospect calves, but I wouldn't do it again.  Whatever you buy for a chute you will get most of it back when you sell it.  Or you will use it forever.  Most common wanted ad is used chute and blower.  Buy a good one.

hamburgman

Agree completely, the most you will be out of a chute is like 150 if you take decent care of it, and even then you can still sell them for good money.  The econo you will more than likely end up cussing if you have to move it over a long distance.  They are not extremely heavy, but when two guys pull one of them and you see a young kid pulling an aluminum one by theirself, you get the idea.  However, the econos are nice for getting a calf used to a chute and even a blower.  I just tie to a fence and get them used to a blower, tame calves don't have that big of a freak out moment usually.  The cadillac is what I would buy, but I would not use it for getting a calf use to a chute once again.  Just as a side note I bought an aluminum half chute and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, best investment ever, and it makes me want to puke how light it is compared to the econo.

petejc72

I have to agree with the previous posters, drug around a steel chute for years and it was a pain in the butt.  Bought a Sullivans hybrid chute last year and love it!!  Well worth the money spent!

Ms Ray

We have both the econony and the cadillac stell on the economy one you can not move the side bars in to as many positions and they ate round it is not as heavy as the cad but still alot heavier than an allun.  I wish we would have bought an allun to start.

JR

We've got an econo chute along with a regular steel cadilac chte and a another heavier steel one.  We leave the econo on the trailer and usually only use it for shows.  The econo steel chute is only 4 pounds heavier than a hybrid aluminum and several hundred cheaper.  In my opinion the steel econo chute is also stronge than the aluminum.