Summer Hair Care Program

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShortyJ13

back to what justme said...

the roto brush has really calmed my calf down too. i dont think she could get any calmer! she loves it though, its hilariouse to watch, when im using it to train the hair on her body she stretches & pull her head down or stretches one of her legs out like a oversized puppy dog  :p.. if u stop she starts moo'in till u do it again.. so i think thats the best tip ive gotten yet! lol

red

you let the brush do the work. Don't put a lot of pressure on it. i have one that runs on the batteries & always try to have a fresh battery ready. I go through a charge for about 6 heifers.

Red

Spring Creek Farms

I started searching for this today, and with summer right around the corner, i thought it would be a good idea to bump it up to the start of the fourm.  But i have a question should you slick shear your calves for the summer to get the baby hair out. If not what are some good ways to remove this dead hair?

shortyjock89

A grill brick works great for getting out dead hair.  Get the calf wet, and then comb the hair down.  Then go over it with a grill brick. Do the same with the hair combed forward. You should be growing new hair within a week or two. 

Note: I don't do this on the legs, just the body, and it really works great for me.