The coffee lover's nook!

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

I am using a Tassimo machine right now.  It uses individual "pods" that allow me to make espresso/cappucino, regular coffee, hot cocoa or chai by the cup.  I really like it because I usually waste so much when I make a whole pot.  I can brew and run with my travel mug. I love the flavor, never bitter, but if I want stiff I can brew that too.  This is a few years old and they have come out with some newer models like this that might be better.  Some day, if I am a really good coffaholic, i want to buy a home expresso machine.  Maybe if I whisper in santa's ear? 
red said:
that is a good tip! I am sometimes too lazy to remember my coffee carfe. I am making a freah pot right now & will put it in there.
I'll look at that coffee maker too. Common Sense, you old CP, tell me about all the neat coffee machines you have & what they do!

Red

justme

I'm with common sense...I love mocha raspberry yummmmmmm  I have a cappuccino maker and love it.

red

OK, Woody & I are getting ready for a road trip to check out everyone's coffee making abilities!!!

Red

SWMO

Don't know my husband got some from his company as a Christmas gift last year.  Haven't been able to find it around our neck of the woods.  Hoping someone else had purchased some ???

common sense

I am betting that it was Blue Mountain coffee.  Those beans are grown in Jamaica and are VERY expensive and almost impossible to find around here.  Sometimes you can find them but they are blended with other beans so that they are not as expensive.  It's some of the finest coffee I have EVER in my life tasted!!!

SWMO said:
Don't know my husband got some from his company as a Christmas gift last year.  Haven't been able to find it around our neck of the woods.  Hoping someone else had purchased some ???

dori36

SWMO said:
Don't know my husband got some from his company as a Christmas gift last year.  Haven't been able to find it around our neck of the woods.  Hoping someone else had purchased some ???

Google "Blue Moon" coffee  (just like that with the quotes) and lots of choices will come up.  It appears it is a 'real' coffee brand based in Nebraska.

CAB

Common Sense, Where would be the best place to pic up the "Torani Raspberry syrup & the sprinkles please?

common sense

Well, I have to go to the city to find them so, not knowing where you live I would say try your grocery store or specialty food or coffee store.  Torani is just a brand and many of the syrups are quite good.  I prefer sugar free as long as they don't contain the wrong artificial sweetener.  The raspberry sprinkles are probably in the baking aisle or ice cream aisle (my other favorite food). Again, you may have to go to the city.  Good luck!!

CAB said:
Common Sense, Where would be the best place to pic up the "Torani Raspberry syrup & the sprinkles please?

cowz

You can get that and many other flavors of coffee syrup at Sam's Club or Costco.  You can even order it online.  :D  Works in iced tea too.

SWMO

Common Sense You are right.  Blue Mountain was the type. Must be an age issue with me. ;D

red

Yummy, I'm baking cookies today & drinking Chocolate Truffle coffee! just the way to put you in the Christmas spirit!

Red (clapping)

shortyjock89

I like milk myself...I don't drink much else other than milk and Vitamin Water..but that's for another thread.  For the milk, I like it about any way that you can give it to me...no flavoring, chocolate, strawberry...but I think my favorite is VANILLA...it's SOOOOO good!

common sense

I bought a bunch of that when we went to Jamaica years ago not knowing how good it was.  I wish I would have bought the company!  It almost makes me want to go back again!!  If you ever get your hands on some you will by my coffee god!
SWMO said:
Common Sense You are right.  Blue Mountain was the type. Must be an age issue with me. ;D

AAOK

I am a coffee adict, and I drink it only black.  The stronger, the better.  I have purchased coffee from all over the world, and my absolute favorite is Kona Joe Kainaliu Dark Roast.  This coffee comes from the Big Island of Hawaii, Kona side.  Since my wife has only let me go to the farm twice to buy my coffee, I order it via the internet.  www.konajoe.com