Think of Woody today

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

greetings earthlings!  Out here in Denver and bracing for the big chill tomorrow.  Just finally got online and I want to give Cathy a hard time about the big fix!  I was told that my dog would be worth a fortune as a stud dog if he turned color into cafe' mocha.  Well, I waited 6 months and had him fixed.  Two weeks later...he started changing.  So, seriously not wanting to raise a stud dog but had to laugh.  Cathy, your puppy is so cool colored that I can't help but think that he would have been a good daddy!  But who needs more "women" around the house?!  LOL!!  I miss talking to everyone. Wish you could all be in Denver.  It's just such a great time and I am always humbled at everything going on.  I am taking lots of fun pictures and hope to bore your all with them later! 

DL

KDSC said:
so where do they put this chip at?? can it be done at any age??  :))) :)))

It comes in a syringe/needle combo - it is about the size of a grain of rice (big rice) and is injected under the skin between the shoulder blades. I've done goats too - for Pygmy goats (in case anybody wants goat trivia) it is legal as official ID as long as the number on the chip is on the registration paper ;) You can do it at any age and it is no big deal :D

red

As you can see he is recovering just fine!
We bought for a companion dog. Really never planned on breeding him. Lots of people were interested but it just never worked out well in my mind. Also the vet said he had such an alpha dog personality it was best he get fixed!

It cost $30 to put the chip in & there is an $18.50 activation fee. I think's it's good security in the long run.

Red

Attachments

• 100_1763.jpg
    100_1763.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 208

knabe

DL said:
if we as humans believe that we can humanely use animals for the betterment of human and animal kind we should understand all aspects of the debate  ;)

so should PETA, since they don't, i will never support them as they don't develope medicine.  they practice discrimination as good as anyone.  this is never pointed out in the debate. they are an unassailable in the public forum, and need to be treated like everyone else.  they are treated as equal, and they are not.  they don't provide solutions, their goals are elimination, and they DON'T comprimise.  witness their position on cloning for food animals.  for cloning, they use the typical defense of "we just don't know the long term effects".  using that logic, nothing can get done.  it's faullty logic and needs to be taken to task.  ethically, they have a point, but again, they get too much air time, sympathy in schools, indoctrininating kids and receive no balance.  i equate them with fred phelps.

just as they reject any use, i reject their position with the same enthusisam.  i want them to be held accountable for all aspects of the debate and be forced to offer and support solutions that result in products in the market place that save human lives.  i know they support some, but not much.

shorthorns r us

knabe said:
DL said:
if we as humans believe that we can humanely use animals for the betterment of human and animal kind we should understand all aspects of the debate  ;)

so should PETA, since they don't, i will never support them as they don't develope medicine.  they practice discrimination as good as anyone.  this is never pointed out in the debate. they are an unassailable in the public forum, and need to be treated like everyone else.  they are treated as equal, and they are not.  they don't provide solutions, their goals are elimination, and they DON'T comprimise.  witness their position on cloning for food animals.  for cloning, they use the typical defense of "we just don't know the long term effects".  using that logic, nothing can get done.  it's faullty logic and needs to be taken to task.  ethically, they have a point, but again, they get too much air time, sympathy in schools, indoctrininating kids and receive no balance.  i equate them with fred phelps.

just as they reject any use, i reject their position with the same enthusisam.  i want them to be held accountable for all aspects of the debate and be forced to offer and support solutions that result in products in the market place that save human lives.  i know they support some, but not much.

who is fred phelps?

knabe

the supposedly christian professional protestor going around to military personnel funerals with very explicit signs begging for attention living off of donations.

churches should lose their tax exempt status preaching hate outside the pulpit.  discriminate for love.  states are within their rights to do this, the federal government is a little unclear whether they can do this.  right now, there is huge legislation being created to deal with this.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjan08/terrorism1973.html

pretty much overwhelming support.  need to investigate this.

justme

Heck GaryBob, he was born Sept.21, 2007, what do you expect?  I think he still looks like a pup.

red

I'll be glad when he looses some of his puppy habits/ways! Sometimes taking him out every 15 minutes gets old! Not to mention  needing new underpants!!!

Red  (dog) (dog)

shorthorns r us

knabe said:
the supposedly christian professional protestor going around to military personnel funerals with very explicit signs begging for attention living off of donations.

just didn't know his name.  have a good friend that is part of a group that drowns out their protests with their very loud motor cycles.  he should be getting some hearing damage by now.

red

Killer has mixed feelings. I think he missed him but he took advantage of mommy time. I took advantage by sleeping most of the day!

Yes, sometimes Woody tends to a little more caustic in his posts than me. I am trying to keep him from certain sites w/ girl dogs too!

I told Justme that her next littler will sell well because everyone will want a Woody!  :eek: ;)

Red  (clapping)

showsteerdlux

Well I didn't used to like corgis alot but he has changed my mind. He has an interesting coat and seems to be very personable!!

garybob

SRU said:
knabe said:

just didn't know his name.  have a good friend that is part of a group that drowns out their protests with their very loud motor cycles.  he should be getting some hearing damage by now.
He the one that says war Deaths in the Middle east are "payback" for our tolerance for Homosexuality?

knabe

it would be interesting to ask him about some muslim cultures views on homosexuality where it is practiced on boys 8-14 as kind of a rite of passage and what their punishment is and why he isn't picketing there.  amazing.  so little time to picket.  what a useless fool. maybe he could clone himself.  he's just not being an equal opportunity picketer, such a hypocrite.  piety just fails miserably sometimes.  there is also polygamy in the middle east as well.  he must be exhausted when he gets home.  i wonder if picketing has an epd?

red

geesh guys, how do you get to this from Woody's surgery?

The mind works in mysterious ways!

Red  ;)

JbarL

garybob said:
Don't even mention the AKC, as they've managed to ruin the usefulness of the breeds that they "recognize". Especially the "Sporting" and "Working" breeds.

GB
i have to agree with that...bought my first jack russell 12 yrs ago.....had 1 litter...kept one male...(now 8)....when akc "recoganized" them....i simply quit breeding him.....the jrtca is still solvent and dedicated to promoting the natural quarry instiscts and "close scrutiny" of the jrtca pedegree registery.( cant register whole litters......register them at 1 yr of age, after vet conformation "with pics").....one of the greatest "self policing" animal registeries that i have ever had the oppertunity to work with......get well soon woody!!!!! ;).jbarl

garybob

red said:
geesh guys, how do you get to this from Woody's surgery?

The mind works in mysterious ways!

Red  ;)
We're trying not to think about what He must be going through! (Think HAPPY Thoughts. happy thoughts, happy thoughts......) any change in the "pitch" of His voice?

GB