Top 5 craziest sports

Help Support Steer Planet:

rex

noodling
skydiving
rockclimbing
snowboarding jumping (the one on the big ramps)
skateboard jumping (big ramps)

rex

oakbar said:
cat shows---what's the point??   They're all still cats when you get down to it!!   Save the catnip!!
???

shortyjock89

Cattle are still all cattle when you get down to it...cars are all cars when you get down to it.  Same for Llamas, pigs, horses, and dogs.  It's just for bragging rights basically.

Rugby's gotta be up there.  Rougher than football and no pads...pretty crazy. 
Cricket..baseball with a REALLY hard ball and a flat bat.

Why are all the craziest things thought up by the Brits?

oakbar

Sorry, just had a discussion with someone about cat shows and it was fresh on my mind.  As you can tell, I'm not a cat lover!!  JMVHO

red

oakbar said:
Sorry, just had a discussion with someone about cat shows and it was fresh on my mind.   As you can tell, I'm not a cat lover!!  JMVHO

Oakbar- obviously you've never met King Killer Kitty!  ;)
PBS had a show on cat shows & the people that attend them. Really freaky!

A sport I never understood was curling. Maybe the Canadian people can enlighten me.

Red

oakview

Soccer is a crazy sport to me.  It would be much more exciting if they played it on a much smaller field and gave them sticks.  I'm not too excited about rythmic swimming, diving, etc., either.  I also try to avoid watching the Olympic 'sport' where they roll around on a ball and waive streamers.  I think it is in the gymnastics family.  I was somewhat amused at the Olympic sport of dirt bicycle racing.  I was so ashamed that a biker from Latvia beat our US athletes in bicycle motorcross.  It was very apparent to me that we just don't devote the time and money to that sport to make our competitors the best in their field.  The USOC needs to make a new committment to dirt bicycling so maybe we can beat Latvia next time around.  I'm sure with a government grant we can become more competitive.

itk

1. Bareback riding; I have bullriding friends who are afraid to ride bareback horses
2. Curling; a big rock and some brooms, I don't get it. any canucks feel free to explain the appeal
3. Golf; who would put themselves through the aggravation of hitting a tiny ball with a skinny stick into a tiny hole, I would
4. Poker; fun but if you think it is a sport you need to get a grip
5. Bull fighting; saw it once thought it was beautiful, but you couldn't pay me enough to do it

bcosu

i agree with noodling.
jai ali ? whatever the sport with the banana like gloves. it's the fastest sport with a ball on earth
slacklining basically high roping on a looser line, safety cord optional
motocross freestyle 60 foot jumps and a backflip on a bike that weighs more than you
free rock climbing (rock climbing with out the carabiner and stuff)