Virgin heifer not cycling

Help Support Steer Planet:

ATM OH

We have a heifer...born March of 2023 that I have been watching heat cycles on for 70 days. We gave her a shot of lutalyse planning to AI her the first week of May. She did not respond (the other 2 replacements heifers responded.) So I watched her for 21 days to catch a natural cycle. She never did. She has now been with a bull for approximately 45 days and he has never paid any interest in her. She is a little hairier than what we usually keep. Otherwise she is in good condition and healthy. Even with the extra hair she has never appeared to seem hot. She has a creek to stand in daily. Any thoughts?

ATM OH

Has your vet done a repro exam on her?
We have not had a repro exam done on her. What issues would cause this? I am guessing I will give her another week or 2 and then ship her. We have been doing this for 30 years and never had a heifer not cycle that I can remember.

ISquaredCattle

We have not had a repro exam done on her. What issues would cause this? I am guessing I will give her another week or 2 and then ship her. We have been doing this for 30 years and never had a heifer not cycle that I can remember.
Theres likely something wrong with her inside... hate it when it happens but it does

vc

There is a chance she could be a freemartin, may have been twins and the other twin never completely developed and either passed with the afterbirth or was absorbed in the womb.