Wade Roger's-LLSF Better Believe It 264D-PB Simmental Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

Has anyone seen Wade Roger's new PB Simmental bull, LLSF Better Believe It 264D?
He is sired by "Pays To Believe" and his dam is "LLSF Cayenne".  I am not familiar with breeding behind either sire or dam.

Wade has a photo and video of him on his blog...

I have used several of Roger's bull in the past and had good results.  Seems like most of the bulls in his "line-up" are very good.  IMHO

Wondering what everyone thinks of him? 

SIMMGAL?  ::)

WinterSpringsFarm

What are you breeding? I don't think you can go wrong with Pays to Believe, I am flushing my Steel Force to him this spring. He makes them clean and fancy.

Simmgal

SEA said:
Has anyone seen Wade Roger's new PB Simmental bull, LLSF Better Believe It 264D?
He is sired by "Pays To Believe" and his dam is "LLSF Cayenne".  I am not familiar with breeding behind either sire or dam.

Wade has a photo and video of him on his blog...

I have used several of Roger's bull in the past and had good results.  Seems like most of the bulls in his "line-up" are very good.  IMHO

Wondering what everyone thinks of him? 

SIMMGAL?  ::)

Well hello there, SEA! I personally hadn't heard of him until I read your post! I am familiar with Pays To Dream (grandsire) though. I have had a few Pays calves over the years and they wont knock your socks off number wise, but they have been pretty consistent phenotypically. I have a close friend who had a group of them and they were all good looking cattle, bulls and heifers. I have kept both of the purebred bull calves I had born here to use as CE cleanup bulls. They get better with age. The other bull calf I had I sold because he wasn't a purebred but he grew relatively good for being out of a first calf heifer and a low BW bull. I sold both of the heifers due to my herd size. Pays is one of the Dream On sons who throws good bulls and heifers. Since my show days are over, I'm focusing more on EPD's now so I'm not using him as heavily. I will be breeding a group of 8 Simangus heifers to him this coming spring to use up some extra semen so I will have a better report for Pays To Dream next year. There is another son of Pays To Dream out there named Payload.

Steve123

I don't love his hind leg structure but the rest of him looks awesome.

Simmgal

Steve123 said:
I don't love his hind leg structure but the rest of him looks awesome.

Couldn't find the video at first. After watching it I agree. I also prefer to see them walking without all of the extra bedding.

SEA

Thanks for all your responses! 

I am continually on the look-out for a Simmi and/or Simmi X bull to use on both my Angus cows to make F1's and some of my 2nd calve crossbred cows to make replacement females (they are my latest, and hopefully best stock), and I sometimes do not breed them "Clubby" until their third calf.

This breeding season I have a few Hard Whiskey and Maternal Perfection second calvers out of Angus dams, that are pretty good.  I want to breed them back Simmi or Simmi X Angus Cross, for replacements.  I do not want to add any height, would like to add depth of body and milk. 

Perhaps a half blood Simm X Angus bull would work best on these Maine Cross females? 

I am also considering...GCC Whizard, Yardley Utah, Bandwagon, GCC Hard As Steel, Ebony's Grand Master, & Built Right (I have some in the tank).

WinterSpringsFarm

Utah is a bull I really want to use, I just haven't got the right situation to use him yet.

All the bandwagons I've seen have been made right, and show well.

Hard as Steel is also on my list, after talking to Griswold about him last year, he says you won't find many better for making cows as consistently as he does.

And Built Right.......wish I had some.  <rock>

Simmgal

SEA said:
Thanks for all your responses! 

I am continually on the look-out for a Simmi and/or Simmi X bull to use on both my Angus cows to make F1's and some of my 2nd calve crossbred cows to make replacement females (they are my latest, and hopefully best stock), and I sometimes do not breed them "Clubby" until their third calf.

This breeding season I have a few Hard Whiskey and Maternal Perfection second calvers out of Angus dams, that are pretty good.  I want to breed them back Simmi or Simmi X Angus Cross, for replacements.  I do not want to add any height, would like to add depth of body and milk. 

Perhaps a half blood Simm X Angus bull would work best on these Maine Cross females? 

I am also considering...GCC Whizard, Yardley Utah, Bandwagon, GCC Hard As Steel, Ebony's Grand Master, & Built Right (I have some in the tank).

Grandmaster hasn't added depth for me, but he does add some butt to them. There are others out there to use. Built Right makes them right. Doesn't add much power and won't clean up a front but they sure do have style.

I've also been wanting to use Whizard and Bandwagon but I've been breeding to make replacement females since my show days have slowed down a bit. I've heard lots of good things about Whizard.