Can anyone explain this.....horned angus

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

DL,
I had just spent my senior summer vaccation in Washington and New York City, returned home and enrolled in college in Lubbock in the fall of 1963.  I was in class when they made the announcement and watched TV the rest of the day.  Somewhere I still have the Avalanche Journal with pictures for the next few days.  I had gone to the White House and witnessed some of the Kennedy children playing....not JFK's children...but Bobby's.  LBJ and his secretary took us to their office in the capital building.  We got to go through the Congress and Senate entrance and Mr. Yarbough and his secretary took us from there on some other special tours....  I sat in shock for the entire time.  I had campaign for Mr. Kennedy.  I was shocked at the prejudices of people because he was Catholic.  As a high school student I was naive.

DL

I was in 10th grade English class - we were in an old closet kinda room without a PA system so when class was over we were the only ones who hadn't a clue what was going on...CAB - I think I got ya by about 10 -- less than 2 months later I got my learners permit so I could drive -

Joe Boy we were all naive then

age is of course a state of mind - sometimes the body doesn't get to the same state
;)

justintime

I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I was in grade 9 and even though I live in Canada, we were very well informed about events in the US. Shortly after JFK was shot, our school was notified and we spent the rest of the day all packed around the TV in  our class room. School classes were cancelled for the following day as well. I remember several of our teachers, as well as students crying at the news. This was one of those events that one remembers where you were and what you were doing when it happened.

itk

JIT, I forgot it was CWA time again. The week I spent up there will go down as the most fun I don't remember having (the swamp and pump will get you if you don't watch out.) You wouldn't happen to know how the Hereford show went (got to keep track of my old judging teammates)? The coolest thing happened when I went up there along time ago Remmital won the Supreme breeder in the hereford show and they didn't even have a string there to me that is pretty amazing.

justintime

itk.. check out all the results of shows and sales at Agribition at www.agribition.com .  Agribition is one of the few shows where all breeds are there the same amount of time so you get to see all breeds if you wish too. Polled Hereford show was also very powerful. Haroldson's Polled Herefords had Champion female and Remitall had reserve. Bulls went to Remitall and Harvie's I think. In many classes, the cattle standing 5th or 6th could win many other shows.

shortyjock89

Remitall, and Canadian Hereford breeders in general never cease to amaze me.  It is simply insane to see how many top pedigrees you see that Remitall prefix in.  And not only Online either, there are alot of Remitall cows that are producing tremendous animals.  I'm also in awe of the Red Angus Breeders...such maternal animals that still have that eye appeal...oh and don't worry JIT...I know that the real "working" Shorthorns are still in Canada..