Circuiteer II or Circuiteer Air Max?

Help Support Steer Planet:

katie_k

I am buying a blower and am trying to decide which blower to choose from.  The Circuiteer Air Max or the Circuiteer II.  Which is more powerful?  Which will last longer?  Which am i getting more for my money?  Which will do a better job for just a couple calves at just a few shows a year?  Thanks in advance for you help.

-Shorthorn Girl

GoWyo

You are going to need to use it every day to rinse and blow.  I would get the Circuiteer II.  The Air Max is configured with the two little blowers side by side.  Looks like more to go wrong.  They last for a long time if you take care of them and parts are easy to get.  Some people swear by the Sullivan blowers, but I have not seen any difference except the Sullivan blower is a little more expensive.  This is a basic tool for showing cattle so make the investment.  They are easy to sell when you are done using them.

flacowman

Sullivan's Air Express III really does blow more air but the circuteer II is also plenty powerful for any calf.  I have one still in use (a circuteer) that is 10 years old and I've used it for an average of 3-5 calves per day on it's own every day and never replaced anything on it but a hose that got stepped on a few too many times

katie_k

wow that sounds like quality. How do they do not being used for a few years? (like when i go to college and cant show for a few years) Will they be ok to sit in storage?

flacowman

I would just clean it up (so you don't have to when you unpack it) tape the hose and attachment closed so nothing nests in it and I don't see what problems you would have

katie_k

ok thanks. what else does anyone have to say about these blowers? good bad. any comments help

firesweepranch

I have a circuiteer that I have had for MANY years, used it when I used to show lambs to dry them after a bath. It has to be 15 years old. My daughter now uses it with her cattle, and we have taken it to three Nationals where all of our state competitors use each others supplies, so it is used hard and often for up to a week then, I have only had one problem, the cord needed to be replaced because we used in a wet environment and it melted! It was stored for probably 8 years or longer, and worked like new when I took it out of storage!

BruceA

Katie, I'm considering the same options!  A year later, which did you purchase?  Feedback??
Thanks-