Flush of a Lifetime & results merged

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

OK- you until 7:00 pm EST tonight to turn in any nomination. Woody has been getting plenty of sleep so he will be fired up & ready to go! I'm having the hubby help & he is totally impartial so he'll be neutral.

Good luck to all 7 Cowboy will be calling the winner before it is posted.

Red

Cowboy

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

The drawing was held this evening by our own RED and WOODY --  (dog), pictures were captured and will be posted soon !!

The winner has already been called, along with the reffering party on a 3-way call -- what FUN that was.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I want to congratulate the winner -- I am looking forward to meeting you and hopefully you are as excited as I am.

The winner is ----

Hailing from Geurnsey, Iowa -- a nice lady by the name of Loraine Stevens has won the flush on her Maine hfr, calving this spring!

Congratulations hon --  I hope this will be a productive event that you will remember for ever!

I wish I could do a flush for EVERY single one who was nominated, they were ALL very worthy. Meybe we can figure out something else along the way.

Look for pictures from Red when she gets the chance of Woddy running off with the winning entry!!!

Have a Great New Years tonight, be safe every one!!!

(clapping) (clapping)

Thanks to all who sent in the nominations-- hats off to you all!!

Terry

KDSC

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) congratulations (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Jill

Congratulations, how fun.  Flushing is so exciting to begin with, I can't imagine how she must feel.  Thanks so much to cowboy for this opportunity!

red

Thanks to all that nominated someone. I wish we could do something for everyone entered.
Woody had a blast. The hubby was afraid he'd eat the paper before we got it from him!

Red

Attachments

• 100_1722.jpg
    100_1722.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 100_1725.jpg
    100_1725.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,106

Show Heifer

Any info on the winner (nothing personal of course) maybe they could introduce themselves? Or the person who nominated them tells us a bit about them?

cowz

Congratulations to Loraine.  This will be quite the opportunity for you!  Keep us posted on how this spring and summer progresses!

Thanks to Cowboy for being you .....  and so very generous!

Happy New Year to all!

red

XXCC nominated her. I don't believe she is member here. I'll let him give any information about her. It's a deserving choice though. Woody did good.

Red

xxcc

hey all,  to those curious, the winner, Lorraine Stevens is also affectionately known as Rainy.  I see she is listed as the latest member.  I think Red is working with her on getting an account so she can post.  Rainy raises fullbloods and F1s in IA.  I have known her for about 6 years.  The events of her personal and agricultural past qualified her to be a\such that her name on that slip of paper fit Woody's mouth pretty well.

common sense

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And Welcome to the planet!  (clapping)  I think this is a wonderful opportunity and if you need any help let me know.  Cowboy- you are so kind to do something like this.  Red- give that little dog a kiss for me!  He's a pumpkin!  Happy New Year everyone!

Cowboy

I just am amazed at how this all turned out -- I am PROUD of all of you out there for offering to help, for nominating those you felt needed it, and I am proud to be associated with you all.

It was a high point of my day when I called the winner -- she actually didn't know anything about it -- can we say SHOCKED -- hehehe

Rainy my dear girl -- don't you worry about a darn thing, with your reffering party close at hand, and some of the other people I know have offerd some help -- we got ya covered!  (clapping)

Thanks again to every one -- now that it is a done deal -- meybe my computer will return to the temp it USED to be, it has been smokin lately!!!! ;D

Hopefully I will be able to see some of you in Denver, not sure when we are going, but ARE going!

CHEERS TO ALL --- isn't life GRAND???

Terry

;D

red

it was so funny watching Woody pick the winner. He actually picked it. we put the papers on the floor & he nosed around them for a couple of seconds. He then grabbed the winner & tore off w/ it. We both were laughing at him when the hubby said I better get it from him before he ate it.
As you can see he took his job quite seriously!  (dog) (dog) (clapping)

Red

red

This is from Rainy:

I can't believe I won!  It is so great!  Thank you Woody for picking my name!  And Thank you Mike and Ashley, two wonderfull friends from MT

I am Rainy (Lorraine) Stevens.  I live in the middle of IA on a 160a. grass farm. It has been all set up for rotational grazing.  This flush is so important to me! Due to a marital situation I was forced to sell a large part of my fullblood cows. I sold a heifer that has won the TX futurity (Stevens Ria) and I had retained a flush right. Now I will be able to regenerate my program.  This means so much to me.
Many thanks to all involved.
Please let everyone know
Rainy

doubled

Congrats to you - well deserved, keep us posted on all that happens

Cowboy

Just an update for all that helped in the workings of the Flush Award.

It's been a week or so now since contct was made and the winner chosen. I hope it has been long enough for the winner to absorb the information -- this isREAL, and I am flat excited for her.

I guess her cow will calve some time this spring, so the flush will take place I would guess in early summer. Lots to do and think about until then, as we all do.

Now --Denver is upon us -- and many of you are already there or going soon. I am planning on going over on the 19th, I hate the crowds present on a weekend in Denver, but that is when alot fo you are going to be there. I will have the boys with me, most of them any way of the 4. They will most likely head off to watch the belly - button brigade (Youth -- what a time for them hey?? hehehe) and I will be wandering around alone for the most part hoping to meet some of you folks. Plan on being at the coffee break at 2:30 -- so every one that can -- DO make it there, sure am looking forward to it.

If I look or act old, well?? it IS 4.5 hours over there from here -- that will be my excuse, good as any!! hehehe

See ya there -- everything is in place for the flush -- and I wanted to re-THANK every one for the help in getting it put in motion -- CHEERS TO ALL!!

Terry

yuppiecowboy

I just looked at this thread for the first time. I have been to Rainy's a couple times and cant think of a nicer, more deserving person. My only question is what cow does she flush? She has the greatest set of old line fullbloods I ever set eyes on. Cunias, Epinals, all huge ribbed thick and literally mouthwatering to the shorthorn guy in me.

I was not aware of any personal situation, and am sorry to learn of it. Congrats Rainy.

Cowboy

Just a quick update so that no one will forget we are doing this.

The cow originaly planned to be flushed is due some time this month, hopefully soon. Assuming all works out health wise and she progresses normally -- hopefully this will take place some time later this spring!

I am excited for this to happen, even though we flush cows all the time, this woll be the first time I have ever been able to do something like this for some one who may other wise not be able to do it! Makes you feel good -- ya KNOW??

Any way -- no news as yet -- but I wanted to again thank every one for helping out with refferals and other offers to help out -- like semen, travel - feed etc. It's gonna happen, going to be a great year in lots of ways!

As they say some times -- we may never get rich in our lifetimes, but there are things that are "Priceless" -- this is certainly one of those times!!!

Cheers to all !!!

(clapping) (clapping)

Terry